Holiday Health Hacks and Brownies
Tis the season to be jolly! But is it the season to ignore all your goals and take a step back?
It shouldn’t be!
But for some people they just cannot avoid the temptation of the season.
What exactly am I talking about? ALL THOSE TREATS AND GOODIES AND MEALS!!
It just naturally comes with this time of year. Events to go to. Parties to host. Dinners to attend. So much to do and so easy to overindulge. But this season you don’t have to say “I’ll start again in the new year”… this season we want you to stay on track with some simple yet effective tips to help you survive the holidays.
Here are 10 Holiday Health Hacks that will help you get through the overindulgent time of the year:
- Eat in advance. Before you head out have yourself a quick snack of some fruit and veggies. Fill up on the good stuff!
- Eat slowly. The food is not going anywhere. Take your time!
- Use a smaller plate. This will equal smaller portion size.
- Pick veggies first. Do you really need that mountain of mashed potatoes?
- Drink water. Before the meal and during. Fills you up!
- Avoid seconds. Do you really wanna feel bloated after the meal?
- Avoid booze. It lowers inhibitions… even with food!
- Partner up. Have someone there who you can be accountable to.
- Stay positive. You have goals. Uncle Daryl might not… but you do!
- Just say no. If someone pushes you to overeat… just say NO THANK YOU 🙂
You have worked so hard all year to get where you are at. You can set yourself back so far if you just give into the old adage “tis the season”… You’ve got this!
NOW… life happens and we don’t want you to not enjoy the season. But take things in moderation. Plan your workouts and stick to them if you know you might overdue it one night. Stay the course. You deserve it.
AND… if you do so happen to just give in and let the season take over OR you just want a good reset after the holidays…we have a fitness support group starting at the beginning of each month. We can get you back on track.
And just for you, our faithful Game Changer, here is an awesome and CLEAN treat that still tastes like you are having yourself a sweet holiday treat!
Chocolate Chickpea Brownies (Flourless)
(21 Day Fix Approved! 1 brown = 1 yellow)
- Nonstick cooking spray and 8×8 inch pan
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup organic butter, melted (or extra-virgin organic coconut oil)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup (or raw honey)
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup organic unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder (gluten free)
- 1 pinch sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet (or dark) chocolate chips
- Preheat over to 350 degrees F.
- Line 9×9 OR 8×8 inch baking pan with parchment paper. Lightly coat with spray and set aside.
- Place chickpeas, butter, eggs, maple syrup, extract, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt in blender or food processor. Cover and blend until smooth.
- Add chocolate chips and mix by hand until blended.
- Evenly spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 25-28 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cut in to 16 squares.
All the best this holiday season from our family to yours!